Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here He Is

Teague Franklin Peterson
6 lbs. 11 oz.
19 in.
August 20, 2009  8:54 am

Well, today is my due date.  I am so happy I'm not in labor.  I am so blessed to have a healthy beautiful baby boy.  He tricked me into almost going to the hospital Wednesday morning, but the contractions stopped after I got up. Bummer.  But I woke up the next morning at 3:30 with contractions.  They were strong at four so we headed to the hospital.  Not an ideal time, but seems to be the trend with us.  Anyway, we drove to Jerome because I have a midwife there that delivers in the hospital.  After getting there and only being a three, I told Ty I didn't want to do this.  I knew what it was going to take and didn't want to go through it.  But I got up walking around and helping labor progress.  At one time I even skipped! (True, it was only in my mind, but a skip nonetheless.)  The reason for the skipping was thinking about what the end result was going to be.  That is what got me through labor.  That and a dose of some kind of medicine to take the edge off the pain during the transition phase.  Anyway, you don't want all the details, and I don't want to relive them all either so here are the pictures.


There is so much relief when you see and hear your baby and everything looks good, everything except me that is!

Our now family of six together for the first time.  My midwife was really good at letting us come home that same day.  I was so glad to be back home in my own bed not worrying about nurses and everything else in a hospital.  I got more rest that night then the next few.  My kids only came for a visit, they have been staying at my mom's since the birth.  And that I must say, is a life saver.  The biggest thank you ever to my wonderful mom!




Even though this is our forth child, there were a lot of firsts
First time finding out the sex of the baby before delivery.
First time have a midwife
First time driving to a little little hospital in Jerome.
First time using any kind of pain medicine.
First time not staying overnight at the hospital.



5 comments:

Ben and Carrie said...

Katie- he is gorgeous! What a beautiful baby! And that's so nice to have your due date come around and NOT be pregnant! (I have never experienced that..... hope to this time!)

Congrats on a 4th child born to a beautiful family. Your kids look so sweet with him. Hope you are recovering well and getting lots of rest! Can't wait to meet the little guy in person some day- he will have 2 little girlfriends to pick from someday from the Andros family! :)

Unknown said...

He is SO CUTE! You are going to make the rest of us look bad if you keep this up!

Congratulations! He looks like such a sweet baby! Hope you're feeling well and recovering quickly!

Teri said...

So happy for you! I couldn't stop smiling!! He really is stinkin cute! Good job on doing it natural again. Sometimes I think it gets harder every time, cause you know what is coming!

Missy said...

He is beautiful Katie, congrats!

Cami said...

What a beautiful baby Katie! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I hope you are recovering well, take it easy. You have good helpers!