Well, every mother thinks she has the best kids in the world, and I am no exception to that rule. I'm due in a week, so a new baby has been on my mind a lot lately, but I woke up yesterday so grateful and extremely in love with my family. You'll see lots of pics and hear about a new baby soon, but I wanted to share some things I love about my family.
Karly Mae
I could not have a better first child. Wow. What an amazing little girl this one is. She has always been an independent go-getter. She just gets things done and can do them by herself. Just the other day, she tied her own shoe. She taught herself how to snap and whistle. After she learns something new, she likes to teach it to someone else, like Derek or her cousins. Right now she is learning to read. I'm teaching her from the book, "Teach a Child to Read in 100 easy lessons" (I recommend this book to anyone, it's great!) She reminds me we need to do her reading way more than I remind her. She loves learning. She's asking more questions now trying to figure things out. She's quite a smart little girl. I love how she is getting pretty silly and comes up with such clever things to say that just make me laugh. She is a special little thing and I love her to pieces.
Derek Jay
Here is my little love bug. Derek is sweet. He is the one that will cuddle with me first. He has a soft heart and doesn't like conflicts. He cares for his sisters and watches over Kami so good in nursery. He follows Karly's lead most of the time, but can put in his own piece too. He wears the silliest things, and acts funny, but he is a good kid that wants to be good and be loved. He also loves learning and is a smart little kid. He is excellent at giving a wink and a smile. Maybe it's because everyone says he looks like me, but I think he is a kid after my own heart, and that is a special gift to me that makes having him and loving him special. He's not the typical rough and tumble, beat everybody up kind of boy, although he does wrestle and tease sometimes, but hey, he needs to once in a while. He really is a special kid that I just love.
Kami Lyn
I can not get enough of this cute little thing. I love this age and can watch her forever. It's so fun to watch her play, learn, and try to figure things out. She's so little, but doesn't let that stop her, just like her older sister. Size doesn't matter in this family. Kami doesn't talk much, but just lately, I've seen the spark of wanting to learn more signs. She is a quick learner and I need to teach her more. She'll gladly show you her nose, eyes, ears, etc. She's a smart little girlie. Her first sign in the morning it eat, and she's serious about that. Don't try to distract her from food in the morning! She is no longer my baby, she's joining the racks of Karly and Derek. She wants to be big and play with the big kids. This little thing is the cutest little bug you've ever seen.
I'm so grateful that Karly and Derek have each other. They are only a year a part and really are best friends. They play so well together all day long. I think they are lucky to have each other and I am lucky to have them both.
I'm glad Karly and Derek are welcoming Kami into their group. It is great to watch them include her in their play. They treat her great, and you can tell they all care and love each other, just like I do them. There is so much more bragging I could do, but I think you get the idea, so I'll just do a little more.
What can I say, I have the best kids ever! And even better than that I'm lucky enough to have a great husband too! I love that my kids will climb in bed and talk to Ty about animals. I love that they know their daddy loves them and tries to make each one of them feel special and loved. He really is a wonderful person, and I'm grateful for the things he teaches me as well as my kids. He has such a good heart and I love him. I am so grateful this Family is Forever!
1 comment:
Great pictures and Great post! Love you guys!
Post a Comment