Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wardle Olympics

Almost every summer we have Wardle Olympics when everyone visits. I have missed a few because of living in Wisconsin during the summer, but this year we are living here and got to join in on the fun. It's one crazy party! My brother from Minnesota lives the farthest away, so when he brings his family, everyone gathers. Bret has just started school in Texas so he couldn't come, but all the other eight siblings were here. My grandparents from Oregon and my Aunt Lee also came, which is always a treat! My dad has some crazy ideas sometimes and this one of Wardle Olympics just stuck. We've been doing it for many many years. Each of my parent's children come up with a game. There have been a few crazy ones through the years. My dad's event is to have everyone line up with cups of water and have someone run through. You don't have a prayer of staying dry! I especially loved the grandkids pouring cups of water on grandpa long after the fact.

I love my grandpa!! I smile every time I see him. He is 89 years old and still out with everyone lighting the Olympic torch!
The Olympics are a very serious deal, you must be strong, tough, silly, creative, or just crazy! I'm not sure which category these two fall under!
I love this picture of Ty and Teague.
Karly Loved playing with Janill! There's a four year difference in age, but that didn't matter in the slightest. They were besties!
CUTE!

Watching the games take place. Some games included binocular soccer, blind-folded baseball, fishing for I'm not sure what, volleyball, and this favorite from Rachel and Jeremy! (No one better turn me in for being a bad mother, but this was Hilarious!)

More spectators watching in awe!
And yes, that is in deed poop on my dad's shirt!!
Oh, I love my family and spending fun crazy times together!
They are the BEST!

No comments: