The Saturday before St. Patrick's Day we had a big cousins day. Here is everyone wearing their cute hats. We also made necklaces with cereal, colored, had green eggs and ham, somewhat watched a movie, and just played and had fun together!
Yes, I know, this girl is the cutest you've ever seen! I love her!
One Wednesday, we stayed home and had our own mini St. Patty's day party. Rainbow cupcakes! They took more time then you would think and is mostly a me job, but my kids did have fun adding the food coloring to their batter, and licking the spoons while waiting for me. The end product was fun also. Below is the classic "show me your cupcake" and have them put it right in front of their faces while you take the picture!
After the cupcakes and naps, we did finger paints. I know, impressive right? Cupcakes and Finger paints in the same day? Before you think I am the most amazing mom ever realize this is not a usual day at our house. It was a special holiday. You do notice I look awful in the above picture because I didn't have a shower and no ones hair got done. Plus the picture below was taken a couple days after the fact. Oh well! My kids were funny about the paints. they didn't want to use their fingers! The used straws most of the time! All in all it was a fun, successful day. I even made soda bread for the first time and quite liked it. Especially with honey butter! Not quite sure why we Americans celebrate it but Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!
P.S. These incredibly cute hats my girls are wearing were made by my sister Zenna.
1 comment:
Katie! You are so cute and creative! Seriously, your kids are so lucky to have you for a mom. You are so easy going, sweet, spontanious, fun, and caring. What a darling family! I can see you just starting your own "Little Peterson School." So fun!
Post a Comment